Terms and Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions will govern your use of the website and constitutes the contractual relationship which the parties hereby agree to.
- Kanon Gaming Limited is a limited liability company, duly registered on 12 October 2012, with the company registration number 57860 and having our registered address at JPR Building, The Penthouse, Triq Taz-Zwejt, San Gwann, SGN3000, Malta and is subject to Maltese laws.
- Kanon Gaming Limited is licenced and regulated by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) with licence number MGA/B2C/227/2012 issued on 1 August 2018.
- These Terms and Conditions become applicable when you create an account at https://www.casinoepic.com, a website managed and owned by Kanon Gaming Limited. By registering on said website, you agree that you have read these Terms and Conditions and that you accept them.
- In the case that you do not agree with any part of these Terms and Conditions, you must not use or continue to use the website.
- Kanon Gaming Limited reserves the right to modify, revise and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time.
- All changes will be notified to you in advance and require that you re-accept the updated version of these Terms and Conditions. You further agree that it is your responsibility to periodically review the Terms and Conditions to take notice of any changes.
- The Terms and Conditions may be published in several languages, reflecting the same principles, only for the purpose of informing and assisting account holders. In case of any discrepancy between the English version and the non-English version of these terms and conditions, the English version will prevail and be conclusive.
- All bets placed on our website are considered to be placed and received in Malta. Therefore, any such contract(s) which you enter into with us, is deemed to have been formed in Malta and is subject to the Laws of Malta.
- All indicated dates and times on the website and games are based on Central European Time (GMT+1), unless otherwise stipulated.
- This version of the Terms and Conditions is 1.0 and was updated 01/11/2021.
- Kanon Gaming Limited is referred to as “Casino Epic”, “Kanon Gaming”, “Casinoepic.com”, “the Company”, “our”, “we”, or “us” and the Account Holder as “your” or “you”.
- “Games”, the “Platform” or the “Website” will mean the web-based Casino and LOTTO Platform offered and operated by Kanon Gaming Limited.
- “Slots”, “Slot Games”, “Casino”, “Live Casino” or “Tickets” shall also refer to the Platform.
- “Software”, “Spelautomater”, “Trading”, “Gambling” and “Betting” shall mean all software used and tools offered by Casino Epic to operate the games and to place bets.
- “Game” or “Games” refers to one or more of the gaming products which are offered on the platform.
- In order to participate in any of the games, you must register an account on https://www.casinoepic.com,
- You confirm that you are over the age of 18 years old, or of the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside.
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure that you have the full, complete and unrestricted legal right to participate in the games. You further confirm that you are resident in a jurisdiction where these activities are legal.
- The following is a list of restricted territories whose residents are not eligible to become account holders on our website:
•Bosnia and Herzegovina
•British Virgin Island
•British Indian Ocean Territory
•Central African Republic
•Cocos (Keeling) Islands
•Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
•French Southern Territories
•Heard and Mcdonald Islands
•Holy See (Vatican City State)
•Isle of Man
•Northern Mariana Islands
•Saint Kitts and Nevis
•Saint-Martin (French part)
•Saint Pierre and Miquelon
•Saint Vincent and Grenadines
•Sao Tome and Principe
•South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
•Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
•Syrian Arab Republic (Syria)
•Trinidad and Tobago
•Turks and Caicos Islands
•United States of America
•US Minor Outlying Islands
•Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic)
•Wallis and Futuna Islands
- We reserve the right to exclude countries that are not listed above at our own discretion and without any prior notice.
- Participation in the games wherever prohibited by law is void. Such voidness shall however not affect any stakes or payments made to and accrued for the benefit of the Company.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the information you supply us is true, complete and current and that the account is updated in the event of any changes in the accuracy of the information provided.
- You are aware that it is not required to participate in any games on the website and such participation, if you elect to participate, is at your own sole option, discretion and risk.
- You are only allowed to hold one (1) account with us.
- It is not permitted to sell, transfer or acquire an account from any other person.
- In the event that any of these rules are breached, we reserve the right to block and/or delete additional accounts held by the account holder and reallocate all funds in the additional accounts to one single account.
- We, or a third party which we may instruct, may carry out additional verification procedures to verify your identity, either when opening or depositing into an account or at a later stage.
- You may only be logged in once at a point of time and not use multiple betting sessions simultaneously.
- You may only have one (1) account on the website.
- Should you create more than one (1) account, we reserve the right to block and delete any additional accounts held by you.
- We also reserve the right to close any accounts that are traced to the same address, IP address or computer, and freeze any winnings on such accounts.
- We reserve the right to refuse to allow you to open an account.
- You should not allow any other person or third party including, without limitation, any minor, to use or reuse your account, access and/or use any materials or information from the website, accept any winning or participate in the games
- If you have, either deliberately or unintentionally, disclosed login details so that a third party has gained access to an account, we will cooperate with the authorities, as required, to provide information that may aid in an investigation, including IP addresses and any other relevant data or transaction.
- It is however, your sole responsibility to report any abuse or misuse of your account to your local authorities.
- You must register with BankID. The BankID will give us information such as your ID-number, name and registered address. For more information about how to obtain and use your BankID, please do contact your local bank.
- You must enter all the requested mandatory contact information when registering, including, but not limited to, email address and mobile number, all of which must be true, complete and current.
- The name used on your registration form must match your name on your identity document, address and any payment method.
- You are responsible for ensuring that the information is true, complete and current and that your account is updated in the event of any changes in the accuracy of the information provided. This revised information must be communicated to [email protected].
- You must ensure that your complete personal details are submitted under the settings section in my account before participating in any games on the website.
Closing an account
We reserve the right to refuse to register you or to block, de-register or cancel your account at any time in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and without notice. We reserve the right to void any winning and confiscate any balance in an account in any of the following circumstances:
- If you have provided the incorrect or misleading registration information.
- If you are not of legal age.
- If you reside in a jurisdiction where participation in the games is prohibited by law.
- If you have allowed or permitted (intentionally or unintentionally) a third party to use or wager on the account.
- If you are found cheating or it is determined by us that you have employed or made use of the system (including machines, computers, software or other automated systems) designed or suitable to defeat the software.
- If you have not logged in and wagered for an amount of time, i.e. the account is dormant.
- If you have provided false documents in a verification process.
- If you have used a credit/debit card, bank account, e-wallet or any other funding source that does not belong to you.
- We reserve the right to refuse to register you or to block, de-register or cancel your account at any time in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and without notice. We reserve the right to void any winning and confiscate any balance in an account in any of the following circumstances:
Dormant and inactive accounts
- If you do not place a bet from your account for a consecutive period exceeding 3 months, your account will be deemed as “dormant”.
- We reserve the right to charge a dormant account fee, this will amount to the larger amount of 5% of the account balance and 5 EUR. This amount will be automatically deducted from your account.
- Your account’s status will change to “inactive” when you have not placed a bet from your account for a consecutive period exceeding 12 months.
- Once your account becomes inactive, we, in accordance with the applicable laws, reserve our right to close the account and contact you with the intention of transferring you the remaining account balance, if any.
- If we cannot satisfactorily locate you, the balance will be transferred to the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) in Malta. Once the funds have been transferred to the MGA, we reserve the right to close the account.
- No claim shall lie against us upon such transfer to MGA, and you will be required to contact MGA directly in order to obtain any refunds.
- We may charge fees for deposits and withdrawals.
- We shall at all times keep your funds separate from our own, in separate accounts held by a financial institution which is approved by MGA.
- You shall only request withdrawals to the same bank account or payment method from where the funds paid into your account originated from.
- We do not accept any cash sent or delivered directly to us or one of our payment solution providers.
- Deposits to, and withdrawals from, your account shall at all times be made through a financial institution or a payment solution provider.
- Procedures, terms and conditions, availability and timing for deposits and withdrawals may vary from time to time, as well as between different countries and different financial institutions.
- We reserve the right to perform security checks on deposits and withdrawals on random occasions and at our sole discretion.
- You accept that we may demand additional information in the event of a security check and that we may block you from playing and/or withhold your payment indefinitely until we receive the requested information.
- To maintain a high level of security and integrity in the system, we reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to, amongst other things, validate your identity, age, place of residence and other registration data provided by yourself. We may further check the manner in which you are participating in the games and verify all financial transactions in order to prevent money laundering and funding of terrorism, as well as any potential breach of these terms and conditions or of applicable laws.
- All transactions will be checked to prevent money laundering, and any suspicious transactions identified on the company systems will be reported to the relevant authorities.
- If we mistakenly credit you with winnings that do not belong to you, whether due to a technical or human error or otherwise, the amount will remain property of Kanon Gaming Limited and the amount will be transferred from your account. If you have withdrawn the funds that do not belong to you, prior to our awareness of the error, without prejudice to other remedies and actions that may be available at law, the mistakenly paid amount will constitute a debt owed by you to Kanon Gaming Limited.
- In the event of an incorrect crediting, you are obliged to notify Kanon Gaming Limited immediately by email on [email protected].
- All transactions shall be checked in order to prevent money laundering. Kanon Gaming Limited shall report any suspicious transaction to the relevant authorities in Malta. If you become aware of any suspicious activity relating to any of the Games of the Website, you must report this to Kanon Gaming Limited immediately on [email protected]. Kanon Gaming Limited may suspend, block or close an account and withhold funds if requested to do so in accordance with the Prevention of Money Laundering Regulations.
- We reserve the right to charge fees on deposits.
- We use payment providers in order to manage deposits and withdrawals.
- The timeframe for each deposit method may vary, should you have any queries regarding this we encourage you to contact our customer support on [email protected].
- Deposits into an account may be in EUR or in any other currency as may be specified by us from time to time.
- We reserve the right to set a minimum deposit amount.
- Payments received in a different currency from that registered on the account, will automatically be converted into the currency of the account. You accept any exchange fees or fees charged by a bank or financial service provider as a result of such conversion.
- All deposited amounts will be available on your Casino Epic account within a reasonable time after confirmation has been received. This is subject to the type of deposit method, region as well as any extra-verification procedures which may be needed.
- We reserve the right to utilise additional procedures and means in order to verify your identity when we accept deposits, if so is required in order for us to comply with regulatory requirements. Such documents may include, but not be limited to; ID, proof of address and documentation of proof of funds.
- All payments into your account must be from a payment source of which you are the named account holder.
- Should we receive a deposit from an account which is not in your name and which does not match the name registered on the Casino Epic account, any charges incurred to effect a return of such deposit will be charged to your account.
- It is unlawful for you to deposit funds obtained by illegal or from ill-gotten means, or from any payment method which you are not authorised to use.
- You can set deposit limits by yourself under your account settings. You may also contact our customer support for them to assist you on [email protected].
- We reserve the right to set a minimum withdrawal amount.
- You can do one free withdrawal per 72 hours.
- You must wager the minimum deposit amount if you want to make an additional withdrawal within the same 72 hours.
- You must have made at least one deposit prior to requesting a withdrawal.
- You must not have any active bonuses linked to your account when requesting a withdrawal.
- Before any withdrawals are processed, your gameplay will be reviewed for any irregular playing patterns. Should we deem that irregular play has occurred, we reserve the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or confiscate all winnings.
- We further reserve the right to decide in our sole discretion which activities constitute irregular play.
- We have a limit on max 2000EUR, or equivalent, withdrawal per day.
- We have a limit on all withdrawals of max 5000EUR or equivalent, per week. Any winnings exceeding 5000EUR or equivalent will subsequently be paid out in weekly instalments.
- We reserve the right to withhold payment to you if we have reasonable belief that you have provided us with false or misleading information.
- Withdrawals will be made to the same account you have deposited from, unless stated otherwise on the website or in the event that we deem it necessary, in our sole discretion, to use a different method.
- Prior to any withdrawals being approved, the deposit method must be verified.
Identity Verification Procedure
- We do reserve the right to verify your identity by requesting further verification documents.
You may be asked to submit one or more of the following:
- To prove your identity: A copy of a valid ID issued by the authority of a recognised country, e.g. passport, driver’s license, national ID.
- To prove your financial method: A copy of a bank statement or proof of other payment methods as applicable.
- To prove your address: A copy of a recent (not more than 6 months old) utility bill, e.g. electricity, water, internet, phone, alternatively a copy of a recent (not more than 6 months old) bank statement showing address and recent transactions.
- To prove your source of funds: Three months’ salary slips, financial statements and/or latest tax declaration.
- You give us the permission to use the information and documents provided in order to confirm your identity and disclose it to an authorised third party in order to check, verify or validate it.
- You give us and any agents of ours the permission to make inquiries and agree to provide such information or documentation as we may reasonably request in order to undertake a security review.
- We reserve the right of requesting further identification documents or procedures by you, e.g. a selfie or other method.
- Any personal data submitted electronically is safely stored and protected by encryption, which safeguards it against any unauthorised access or accidental loss.
- We shall only collect the minimum information required to complete a verification - which includes, but is not limited to, name, date of birth, country, IP address, ID number, ID type and ID expiry, in addition to any payment or identification information being verified.
General Betting Rules
- You are responsible for knowing the rules relating to a bet when placing it, as it cannot be cancelled once it has been placed, except in exceptional circumstances, or as otherwise stipulated in the Company rules.
- All bets placed on the Website are considered to be placed and received in Malta. Any such contract(s) which you enter into with us, is deemed to have been formed in Malta and is subject to the Laws of Malta.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion and without notice, to add or discontinue new activities or Games to the Website, or to change the odds on offered Games at any time. We further reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to limit and/or refuse bets, and to void already accepted bets in accordance with the provisions set our Terms and Conditions.
Casino Game Rules
- You can participate in a variety of online casino games available in the form of web content. We are duly authorised to represent, promote and deliver this content on the Website (commonly referred to as “Live Casino” and “Slots”) by virtue of a commercial agreement with the Casino Provider. Live Casino and Slots are stand-alone services managed by the Casino Provider, and covered by their respective licenses. We undertake to receive, hold and pay out funds in relation to your participation in the games available through these services.
- We will not take liability for any transactions made from within the Live Casino and Slots services, except for the transfer of funds between your player account and the game being played.
- Live Casino is a dealer game service based on a real world studio from where the games are broadcast over a real time internet video channel. You can find a full description of usage and rules for each game by following the question mark icon located in the lower right corner of the game application window. When you play a Live Casino game, your account of chips will reflect your current player account balance. Every bet placed shall be drawn from your player account and every prize won shall be credited back to your player account. There is no demo mode in Live Casino.
- The Slots service covers the range of purely virtual games, such as different kinds of slot machines, table games and scratchcards. They all run in their own Game Applications. We reserve the right to change the selection of games provided from time to time, and do it at our sole discretion. Slots can be played either in real or demo mode. The real mode of play involves money deposited to your player account, and/or bonus money connected to a deposit. The demo mode gives you the option to try the game with fun credits. A full description of usage and rules for each game can be accessed from within the game. If you play a progressive game, every bet placed is contributing to the provider’s network-wide jackpot. If you win a jackpot, the prize shall be credited to your player account instantly and you may request a withdrawal after a verification period of 72 hours.
- Any resemblance of real-world names, characters or situations appearing in the games is a coincidence and, therefore, unintended.
- Third-party providers may require you to agree to additional terms governing the use of their products. If you don’t agree with them, please do not continue using third-party products.
Acceptance of Bets
- You can only place a bet on the website once you are logged in and it will not be accepted in any other form of communication (telephone, email, post, fax etc). When a bet has been placed, the corresponding amount is charged against the account, and it is your responsibility to check that the bet instructions submitted are correct before confirming the bet. The maximum amount that you can place is the balance of your account.
- We reserve the right not to accept or accept only a part of any bet and to propose a different stake size for the selection on any bet. We reserve the right to determine winning limits different from those specified and/or determine specific winning limits individual to you.
- We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of its customers. This policy, combined with our Terms and Conditions and any other documents referred to in it, sets out the basis on which any personal data collected will be processed.
- You can be assured that the people accessing private data will only access such data on a need-to-know basis.
- Employees will keep the information confidential and only access or use account information when needed for internal purposes.
- The Website may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of any partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.
- If you follow such links, it must be noted that these websites have their own Privacy Policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
- You are responsible for checking such policies prior to submitting any personal data to these websites. We do also occasionally employ secure third party web-services to monitor and record user interaction so that we may improve the overall usability of Kanon Gaming Ltd and associated products.
Collection of Data
- We may collect information about you, including the information provided when filling out forms on the Website which covers information provided at the time of registering an account, depositing funds, participating in Games, events and services on the Website, posting material or requesting services and information.
- Details regarding your visits to the Website, including but not limited to, any wagering activities and details of transactions carried out, the resources accessed, traffic data, location data and communication date, whether this is required for our own accounting purposes, risk assessment, security reviews, compliance procedures or otherwise. When you contact our customer support, we may keep a record of such correspondence. We or one of our suppliers may also ask you to complete surveys that are used for research purposes, although a response to such surveys is not mandatory.
IP Addresses and Cookies
- We may collect information about computers, including IP addresses, operating systems and browser types when available, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about customers’ browsing actions about general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of the computer.
- Cookies contain information that is transferred to the computer’s hard drive. Such cookies help us to improve the Website and to deliver better and more personalised services. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern, to store information about customer preferences, such as wagering patterns, and to recognise you when you return to the Website. While placing a wager, information will be temporarily stored in a cookie until the transaction has been completed.
- You may refuse to accept cookies by activating such a setting on the browser which allows one to refuse the setting of cookies. Activating such a setting does however mean that you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website.
Storage of Personal Data
- All information submitted to us is stored and kept on secure servers. While the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, any payment transactions and submissions of personal information are transmitted using SSL encryption technology. We shall do our utmost to protect personal data, but any transmission of data is at our own risk. Once we have received any personal information, strict procedures and security features will be used to prevent unauthorised access.
Usage of Personal Data
We use the information collected about our customers in the following ways;
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective and technically viable manner;
- To provide you with information, products, Games or services requested from us or which we feel might be of interest to you;
- To carry out obligations arising from any transactions entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in the interactive features of the Games and services.
- To notify you about changes to the Games and services.
- We may also permit selected third parties to use customer data to provide information about Games, goods and services which may be of interest.
- You have the right to not have any personal data processed for marketing purposes.
- We will inform you prior to collecting such data, if the intent is to use the data for such purposes, or to disclose it to any third party for such purposes. In such cases, the supply of any personal data to third parties is on an opt-in basis, and a manual confirmation approving such processing will be requested from you.
- We use the information collected about our customers in the following ways;
- We are committed to responsible gaming and urge you to keep track of the time and money spent while gambling.
- We encourage you to go through the responsible gaming settings in My Account to set limits on the maximum amounts you can deposit per 24 hours, week and month.
- When you have a set limit on deposits, it may be changed or revoked by contacting our customer support. Such change will take 24 hours to be implemented. In the event of decreasing a limit, it shall change with immediate effect after contacting customer service.
- We will not accept any bets from you which are contrary to any limit set by you.
- You can also block your account for a set period or permanently by using the self-exclusion functionality on the website. It is thus possible to exclude yourself from logging in and wagering for a definite period, you may also email [email protected] for further assistance.
- In addition, we may deem it necessary to block your account, should we become aware of signs of a gambling addiction.
- Should you want to cancel a definite self-exclusion before such time has expired, you may do so by emailing [email protected]. Such change will become active after 24 hours.
- hould you want to cancel an indefinite self-exclusion, you may do so by emailing [email protected]. Such change will become active after 7 days.
- We will exclude you from any emails and/or promotional material for the duration of any account exclusion period.
- A self-exclusion at www.casinoepic.com is only relevant for the individual platform, and not for all platforms owned and operated by Kanon Gaming Limited.
A number of organisations provide counselling to people experiencing gambling problems and addictions. We recommend the following:
+44 (0)845 6000 133
(10am – 10pm, 7 days a week)
Email: [email protected]
Gamblers Anonymous International Service (USA)
+1 (213) 386 8789
Email: [email protected]
+358 (0)800 100 101
(12 noon - 6pm, Monday - Friday)
Email: [email protected]
- GamCare (UK)
- Should you have any further questions with regard to responsible gaming, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service on [email protected] to activate limitations and protection mechanisms.
- We do not tolerate or allow illegal betting.
- We will not be liable for or to you, if you disregard the laws and will not reimburse any player for any disadvantageous suffering as a consequence of the violation of any legal provisions that may be applicable.
- You will be responsible for ensuring they are legally allowed to bet and therefore assume all responsibility if they bet illegally using Kanon Gaming Limited.
- If you do not abide by the Terms and Conditions stated above and those listed by MGA your account will be immediately closed.
- In addition, we reserve the right to refuse player registrations from countries that are blacklisted by the FAFT or other institutions dedicated to the prevention of money laundering and the use of the financial system from terrorist financing at any time.
- For further information regarding the MGA, visit http://www.mga.org.mt.
- We will not be held responsible for a bet not being placed for any reason when you are disconnected from the website, including but not limited to, computer malfunctions and failure of telecommunications services or internet connections. The balance of your account will, at all times, be that which is recorded on the server. Therefore, should an event of disconnection occur, the account balance will reflect that balance after completion of the last bet, prior to the disconnection.
- Artificially intelligent programs, processes, applications and all other forms of software and hardware – including those commonly referred to as “bots” – are prohibited from making game decisions or taking game actions on the website and games, either under their own auspices or under the supervision of any person. We reserve the right to access computers only to check if any such programmes are running. It is a collective interest to ensure the safety and integrity of the games as part of the security offered to you.
- The use of VPN or proxy to circumvent any of the Terms and Conditions to register and/or login to the website is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to suspend your account and confiscate all winnings a player has obtained under the use of VPN or proxy services.
- If you feel that the results of games are unfair or incorrect, please contact our customer support department as soon as possible on [email protected] and report the incident.
- By placing any further bets on the websites, you accept the results of any previous bets, so at our discretion, such results are no longer in dispute and no refund or other adjustments shall be granted.
- Any claim regarding a transaction in conjunction with an account shall be made to us within 6 months after the transaction, payment and/or settlement took place, or should have taken place, otherwise we reserve the right, at our own discretion, to not consider the claim.
- You are advised to submit any complaints to us in writing by emailing [email protected]. Should the Customer Support department be unable to assist in a matter; the complaint will be escalated within the Company. You will be given regular updates regarding the development of such reported complaints.
- Once the Company’s management has personally reviewed the details of the complaint and confirmed their final response by email, the internal complaints procedure is considered final.
- We have appointed eCOGRA (www.eCOGRA.org) as our Alternative Dispute Resolution provider ("ADR"). You have free right of access to them as an ADR provider should you remain unsatisfied with the results of our complaints procedure above. You can refer your dispute to eCOGRA as soon as possible once you receive our final decision. More information regarding eCOGRA’s dispute resolution services can be found at http://www.ecogra.org/srs/policies_procedures.php. A dispute resolution form can be obtained at http://www.ecogra.org/srs/dispute.php.
- Should you not be satisfied with the resolution of a complaint, it can be escalated to the Malta Gaming Authority at: Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, SmartCity Malta, Ricasoli SCM1001, Malta, telephone number: +356 2546 9000, email: [email protected] or submit it online using the Complaints form on https://www.mga.org.mt/support/online-gaming-support/.
- Whereupon a dispute should occur between us and yourself, we will make a detailed transaction record accessible to you. Such information may also be made available to a legitimate third party if we so wish and agree.
- Any dispute relating to the provision of the games, and the validity, performance and construction of the present agreement relating to the games, shall be exclusively solved in Maltese courts, according to Maltese laws and regulations.
- You understand that the terms “Casino Epic”, “Kanon Gaming”, “Kanon Gaming Limited”, “Kanon Gaming Ltd” and “Casinoepic.com” are the trademarks, service marks of ours and you obtain no right to such terms, nor any other graphics, text, concepts or methodologies by using the website, the software and/or any material contained therein.